[Massplanners] Regulation of Dumpster Screening

Daniel Fortier daniel.j.fortier at gmail.com
Tue May 7 15:55:07 EDT 2024

In Dennis we had vague wording that essentially became a solid fence. Our
Community Policing officer came back from a CPED (Community Policing
Environmental Design) training and asked for more involvement in these
aspects of sites. At the time there were a number of cases across the state
where people hid by or in the enclosure and used it as a means to gain
access to businesses after hours. The issue was, robbers knew they could
not be seen by the end of night trash disposal and could use that person as
a hostage to gain entry and steal the nights receipts.

Design was made a staff review item to ensure appropriate visibility.

Dan Fortier, AICP
Retired Planner