[Massplanners] [**EXT**] Docu-sign for Zoning Decisions?

Eric Salerno esalerno at tyngsboroughma.gov
Thu Apr 25 10:39:32 EDT 2024

During Covid, Tyngsborough checked with the Middlesex North Registry of
Deeds first, and they were very supportive. (I'm not sure if all have the
same perspective)

The Board then filed a certified vote to use electronic signatures with the
registry. We now ask applicants to sign an agreement to use electronic
signatures when submitting an application, and reference the Book and Page
# of the recorded certified vote on decisions. And yes, we currently use
Docusign, but are considering some other options as well.

-Eric

<http://tyngsboroughma.gov/>
Eric Salerno
Town Planner / Eco. Dev. Dir.
Town of Tyngsborough

978-743-5361  |  tyngsboroughma.gov

esalerno at tyngsboroughma.gov

25 Bryant Lane, Tyngsborough MA 01879
<http://facebook.com/tyngsboroughma>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/town-of-tyngsborough/>
<http://twitter.com/TyngsboroughMA>

In Massachusetts, the term “public record” is broadly defined to include
all documentary materials or data created or received by any officer or
employee of any governmental unit, regardless of physical form or
characteristics, unless it falls under one of the statutory exemptions to
the Public Records Law. G.L.c. 4, 7(26). Consequently, email is subject to
the disclosure, retention, and maintenance provisions as required by law.
G.L.c. 66