[Massplanners] deadline for filing materials?

Pendergast, Georgia gpendergast at danversma.gov
Thu Mar 2 12:19:39 EST 2023

We we're having the same problem here in Danvers, so we decided to add a "materials deadline" and a "supplemental deadline" to our application submission schedules. The materials deadline gives the applicant additional time to submit items to staff that were missing from the application (about 4 days). The supplemental deadline is the final day applicants can submit something to the Board for review (about 2 weeks before the hearing).  An example of our submission schedule can be found here: https://www.danversma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1318/ZBA-Submission-Schedule-2023

We've been operating with these deadlines for about 2+ years now, and it seems to be working well. The timelines we set for the submission dates were based on what the Board members were already informally requiring from applicants, but, putting it in writing on the schedule has helped!

Cheers,
Georgia

Georgia Pendergast | Staff Planner| Planning + Economic Development Division |
Department of Land Use & Community Services | Town of Danvers |
(P): 978-777-0001 ext. 3027
Visit the Zoning Board of Appeals Webpage<https://www.danversma.gov/departments/zoning-board-appeals/> or the Conservation Commission Webpage<https://www.danversma.gov/departments/conservation-commission/> for filing information.