[Massplanners] FW: Cost of Using Prevailing Wage Rates

Douglas Finn dfinn at edgartown-ma.us
Fri Oct 8 11:08:39 EDT 2021

So, I get that you're talking about Katrina's request.

Should folks be paid a living wage?  Absolutely.

I think that wages for town workers - particularly for water, wastewater,
and highway, and mostly in smaller towns - are far less than they should
be.
Compared to wages for commercial construction workers - especially those in
union shops - town pay scales are (often) wanting.
As a result, it's sometimes very hard for towns to get and keep quality
workers.

This is the greater concern from my standpoint.

- Doug.

Douglas Finn, Assistant
Edgartown Planning Board
70 Main Street, PO Box 5130