[Massplanners] Information on local transportation progams

Daniel Fortier daniel.j.fortier at gmail.com
Mon May 13 16:01:50 EDT 2024

You might want to reach out to the Federal Transit Administration office in
Cambridge. Also, MAPC might have a database or contacts for you.

Way back, too many years to find anyone with information (unless it still
is in existence) the Cooperative Alliance for Seacoast Transportation and
the Town of Exeter NH partnered on a User Side Subsidy Taxi program.  The
subsidy allowed residents to acquire tickets at Town Hall for $0.25, the
Town had 2 taxi zones, the Taxi company got reimbursed by whether it was a
one or two zone trip. This was the mid-1980's. The Rockingham Planning
Commission, where I was located at the time, helped coordinate with COAST,
NHDOT and FTA.

Daniel Fortier, AICP
Retired Planner