[Massplanners] Join Us For APA-MA Bike Ride and Spring Fling!

Alyssa Sandoval asandoval at newtonma.gov
Fri May 3 10:19:33 EDT 2024

Join us for the APA MA Spring Fling Bike Ride on May 23 sponsored by the APA Massachusetts Chapter. We will learn about the Massachusetts Department of Recreation and Conservation's newest addition to the bike system in Greater Boston and the new Clippership Connector Pedestrian Path Project. We will tour the bulkhead wall path that connects Assembly Square/Draw 7 Park to Route 99. DCR's Dan Driscoll and Amber Christoffersen will lead the tour to offer insights on the new trail projects and planning. This is a casual bike ride, approximately 6 miles roundtrip.

Other details:

  *   Meet at 5 pm at Clippership Park (Clippership Drive, Medford, MA 02155; parking is available in lots and on-street)
  *   Bring your own bike or rent a BlueBike located on Riverside Ave or Medford Square
  *   We will stop for ice cream at JP Licks at the dynamic Assembly Row in Somerville!
  *   Learn about trail planning and construction, open space and recreation, right of way challenges, and state and city collaboration. Eligible for 1.5 CM credits.
  *   Register early by Eventbrite - see link below (registration will be limited)

To Register:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/apa-ma-bike-spring-fling-on-may-23-tickets-895341028117

Alyssa Sandoval, AICP
Deputy Chief Planner
Pronouns: she/her/hers
City of Newton Planning & Development Department
1000 Commonwealth Ave | Newton, MA 02459
Desk: 617.796.1141
asandoval at newtonma.gov<mailto:asandoval at newtonma.gov>

When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State has determined that most email is public record and therefore cannot be kept confidential.