[Massplanners] MBTA Zoning Town Meeting Vote

Daniel Fortier daniel.j.fortier at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 13:04:25 EDT 2024

My two cents,  and how Moderators I have worked with looked at it, Town
Meeting cannot make any amendment that is outside the four corners of the
proposal. This has meant, for these Moderators they would not accept
amendments that changed any dimensional requirement whether more or less
restrictive than reported out of the public hearing. The thought was,
someone impacted, who could participate in a hearing (property owner) might
not be able to participate in Town Meeting as they were not voters.

Dan Fortier, AICP
Retired Planner