[Massplanners] Does Inclusionary Zoning NOT apply to Subdivisions?

Paul Dell'Aquila psdplans at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 18:56:19 EDT 2024

Good afternoon –

Although it seems counter-intuitive to me, Town Counsel is saying that our
Inclusionary Zoning bylaw can not be applied to subdivisions, since they
are authorized under different sections of MGL. A veteran Planning Board
member thinks otherwise and the issue will come up at our April meeting.
Not to circumvent Counsel, but does anybody have any evidence to support or
contradict their opinion? I fear I will not be able to explain this to the
Planning Board without citations or examples.

Thanks!

Paul Dell’Aquila
Boylston Town Planner