[Massplanners] Does Inclusionary Zoning NOT apply to Subdivisions?

Brian Szekely brian.szekely at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 09:54:44 EDT 2024

The Danvers IZ bylaw includes all types of new units, which includes any
new units associated with a subdivision or other type of
coordinated development. This was passed and approved by the AG in 2021.

Best,
 Brian Szekely
 Planning Director
 1 Sylvan Street
 Danvers, MA 01923
(978) 777-0001 x3019

On Wed, Mar 20, 2024 at 9:45 AM ruralplanningassociates--- via MassPlanners
<massplanners at masscptc.org> wrote:

> Paul and all:
>

> Check c. 41, §81M Purpose of law (Subdivision Control Law). “The powers of
> the planning board … under the subdivision control law shall be exercised
> with due regard for … insuring compliance with the applicable zoning
> ordinances or bylaws …”
>

> I have written many Natural Resource Protection Zoning (NRPZ) bylaws that
> attach exclusively to subdivision applications – zoning for subdivisions,
> if you will. These have all been approved by the Atorney Genera’s Municipal
> Law Unit.
>

> Jeff Lacy
>
> Rural Planning Associates
>
> 896 Graves Road
>
> Conway, MA 01341
>
> (413) 230-9693

In our profession, a plan that everyone dislikes for different reasons is a
success. A plan everyone dislikes for the same reason is a failure. And a
plan that everyone likes for the same reason is an act of God.
-Richard Carson