[Massplanners] Does Inclusionary Zoning NOT apply to Subdivisions?

ruralplanningassociates at crocker.com ruralplanningassociates at crocker.com
Wed Mar 20 09:44:17 EDT 2024

Paul and all:

Check c. 41, §81M Purpose of law (Subdivision Control Law). “The powers of the planning board … under the subdivision control law shall be exercised with due regard for … insuring compliance with the applicable zoning ordinances or bylaws …”

I have written many Natural Resource Protection Zoning (NRPZ) bylaws that attach exclusively to subdivision applications – zoning for subdivisions, if you will. These have all been approved by the Atorney Genera’s Municipal Law Unit.

Jeff Lacy

Rural Planning Associates

896 Graves Road

Conway, MA 01341