[Massplanners] Multiple Detached Dwellings bylaw

B bfitzgerald.ma at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 11:10:46 EDT 2024

One issue, assuming lot ownership is not being split:  what happens when
"shared infrastructure", such as driveway(s), needs repairs? Without the
right legal mechanisms (i.e., a condo agreement), it can be a nightmare for
some of the owners.  There is also an issue if sewer and/or water services
piggyback on the same lines at some point.  Or separate line(s) cross
another owner's property.  And other complexities.  Been there done that
from the public works side of my work.  Similar issue for, say, a
freestanding garage turned into an ADU and sold off to a different owner.