[Massplanners] Definitive Subdivision -Covenant Expiration

Gary Bechtholdt gbechtholdt at northbridgemass.org
Mon Feb 5 09:51:14 EST 2024

Thank you all for providing input -most recently from Michelle of Randolph & Richard of Norfolk, very much appreciated.

In this particular case (definitive subdivision) -the Owner is actively trying to sell the project (has been for years); where a prior approval for same expired back in 2009, requiring a new definitive sub plan approval (approved in March 2022). Given the history with this project -inclined to recommend the Board not support an extension.

Whereas if the Board was to grant an extension -it would be for 1-year (typical) and where if the Owner was to sell w/in that 1-year period….there is no guarantee the Board would issue additional extensions (to now a new owner)…..

I will seek a construction schedule as part of the Planning Board’s consideration to grant, however believe would be in best interest for Town to not grant an extension, if legally able to do so.

Thanks again,

-Gary

R. Gary Bechtholdt II
Planning & Community Development Director

Northbridge Community Planning & Development
Aldrich School -Town Hall Annex, 14 Hill Street
(508) 234-2447

Northbridge Memorial Town Hall
7 Main Street, Whitinsville, MA 01588
www.northbridgemass.org<http://www.northbridgemass.org/>