[Massplanners] Job Posting: Town Planner for Erving, MA

Mariah Kurtz mariah.kurtz at erving-ma.gov
Mon Feb 5 09:09:51 EST 2024

Hi all,

My last day in Erving will be March 1 when I move on to do my own consulting. This means there is an opening for Town Planner here in Franklin County! Erving is a town of 1600 located in the most rural county which does a LOT for our small size. We have a ~13,000,000 operating budget and so many exciting projects ongoing or upcoming including:

  *
26 units of affordable senior housing in partnership with a local developer via friendly 40B
  *
Creating a parcel to put out via RFP for animal services/shelter
  *
Multiple plan updates including Open Space & Recreation, Hazard Mitigation, and Municipal Vulnerability
  *
Public art installation in partnership with the public library
  *
Mill redevelopment

This position is extremely hands-on; very few permits are filed in a town this small. Instead, most of your time will be spent on capital project management, plan updates, public engagement, and grant writing/admin. Hybrid work is enabled by our recent move to our cloud server.

More information including a community profile and job description can be found here<https://www.erving-ma.gov/personnel/pages/town-planner-search>.

Mariah Kurtz (she/her)

Town Planner

Town of Erving

12 East Main Street

Erving, Massachusetts 01344

Phone: (413) 422-2800 ext. 1108 | Online: www.Erving-Ma.gov<http://www.erving-ma.gov/>  | Facebook: Town of Erving<https://www.facebook.com/townoferving>

When writing or responding, please remember that the Secretary of State has determined that email is a public record, is subject to the Public Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66, § 10, and covered by Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521. This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you have received the communication in error, you are strictly prohibited from printing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using this communication.

Notice:

When writing or responding, please remember that the Massachusetts Secretary of State has determined that email is a public record and subject to the Public Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66, and further covered by Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521.

This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you have received the communication in error, you are strictly prohibited from printing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using this communication. Please discard this e-mail and any attachments, and notify the sender immediately.