[Massplanners] Public Hearing Continuance process

Benson, Rachel RBenson at wrentham.gov
Tue Oct 31 11:37:32 EDT 2023

Hi All,
Looking to get some process information on how your Boards handle public hearing continuances.

  *   Do you allow them to continue the opening of the public hearing?
  *   Do you have a max. number of continuances allowed before re-advertisement?
  *   Has your Board ever not approved an applicant's continuance request? What was the result?

Our Conservation Commission allows up to three continuances in a row without testimony before they require the Applicant to re-advertise but there is nothing in the Planning Board's Rules/Regs. We've seen recently that Applicants are rushing to get their applications in and then requesting multiple continuances without providing new information. I understand that the Applicant is requesting these continuances, and the Board can decide not to approve their request, but the Board hasn't taken that step yet.

Any insight into your process would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Halloween!!

Thank you, and have a great day!

Rachel Benson
Director of Planning & Economic Development
Town of Wrentham
79 South Street
Wrentham, MA 02093
508-384-5400 x5441
www.wrentham.gov<http://www.wrentham.gov>
Please note that Wrentham Town Hall is closed on Fridays.

Please be advised that the Massachusetts Secretary of State considers e-mail to be a public record and, therefore, subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66 § 10.