[Massplanners] Announcing additional funding for planning for housing !!

Kluchman, Chris (OCD) chris.kluchman at state.ma.us
Tue May 9 14:48:17 EDT 2023

Dear MassPlanners - I am pleased to pass along this announcement about additional funds available for planning for housing!

The Healey-Driscoll Administration is pleased to announce the availability of additional funding for municipalities across the Commonwealth to support community planning and engagement efforts geared towards increasing the production of housing. Approximately $1.5M in community compact funds will be distributed competitively to eligible projects through the Community Planning Grant Program in the 2023 Community One Stop for Growth process.

The Department of Revenue's (DOR's) Division of Local Services (DLS) in collaboration with the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) will evaluate applications submitted in the Community One Stop's Planning and Zoning category to select projects that will be funded through this source. Review the details about this additional funding opportunity here: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/community-planning-grant-program

As noted, this special funding opportunity will be available only for projects that are focused on a planning project related to housing. Awards for this special funding opportunity will be announced in June 2023. Selected grantees will need to be prepared to execute a contract with DLS by June 30th. However, they will have until June 30, 2025 to complete the project. Applications not selected to receive this special funding will still be considered for a grant through the Community Planning Grant Program.

Apply now by completing a One Stop Full Application, which can be submitted any time from May 1, 2023, through June 2, 2023. Access the One Stop application at www.mass.gov/onestop<http://www.mass.gov/onestop>.

We are excited to share this opportunity with community leaders, and grateful for your interest in working with our administration to tackle our shared housing goals. If you have questions and/or need more information, please contact me at  chris.kluchman at mass.gov<mailto:chris.kluchman at mass.gov>.

Best wishes, Chris
Chris Kluchman, FAICP (she/her)
Deputy Director, Community Services Division
DHCD, 100 Cambridge Street, Ste 300
Boston, MA  02114
chris.kluchman at mass.gov

Please note:  I will be away on vacation and with no access to email the week of May 15, 2023.

DHCD staff are mostly working remotely. I check email regularly and will get back to you as soon as possible.