[Massplanners] Childcare at Public Meetings

Jeffrey Bagg jbagg at easthamptonma.gov
Thu Jul 27 12:23:10 EDT 2023

We've recently held two community meetings for our Main Street re-design
project in the past 6 months and I coordinated with the High School.  They
provided in both cases several Honor Society students who came to provide
the childcare service.  We also offered rides to and from the event via our
Senior Center shuttle bus.  We included this information on all our
outreach efforts.

The first meeting had about 100 people who attended in person (about 25
online) and the second meeting was about 30 people in person.
Unfortunately, we had no kids utilize the service and no one requested a
ride.

Jeff Bagg
Planning Director
Easthampton, MA