[Massplanners] Childcare at Public Meetings

Darlene Wynne dwynne at beverlyma.gov
Thu Jul 27 14:09:56 EDT 2023

I posted about this back in 2019 for our master planning process and
received a few responses. Ultimately, our legal and HR staff did not
support this due to concerns about liability, CORI checks, certification,
that the City is not in the business of childcare. So it was mostly
organized by others (not City staff) and advertised as having "child
friendly activities available."

We used volunteers from JROTC who needed volunteer hours. We had one child
attend whose mother was a member of our master plan committee - which was
still important, as she is a single parent.

Best,

Darlene Wynne, AICP

*City of Beverly*

*Director of Planning & Development*

*978-605-2341*

*dwynne at beverlyma.gov <dwynne at beverlyma.gov>*

*--*

*When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State
has determined that most email is public record and therefore cannot be
kept confidential. *