[Massplanners] Battery Energy Storage Systems

Sarah Raposa mansfieldplanner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 15:51:14 EDT 2023

Hi - I'm on the Medway PB and can confirm it's very detailed and technical.
We don't have a municipal electric department so we're dealing with at
least one applicant that went directly to the Energy Facilities Siting
Board for approval for a 250MW BESS which caused great public concern (all
documented on the Town's website
<https://www.townofmedway.org/planning-economic-development-board/pages/battery-energy-storage-systems-bess>).
It's been a saga; context matters!
Ironically, as the planner in Mansfield (with a municipal electric
department) we're having preliminary internal conversations about BESS and
the tone is very different.

--
*Sarah L. Raposa, AICP*

Director of Planning & Development