[Massplanners] Returning to ZBA after an initial denial

cityplanner at cityofattleboro.us cityplanner at cityofattleboro.us
Tue Sep 6 15:13:12 EDT 2022

Hello Evan,

You have described the process pursuant to MGL Ch. 40A, §16, Repetitive Petitions. Unless the application is allowed to be withdrawn without prejudice, then one has to either wait the minimum statutory time requirement to reappear before the ZBA following a denial or one may file a Repetitive Petition with the Planning Board for it to determine whether there are substantial and material revisions to the application/site plan. If so, one may proceed to the ZBA. If not, then one has to wait to refile. Obtaining approval of an MGL Ch. 40A, §16 petition is a tall task as it requires either consent of all members of the Board or consent of all but one member of the Board.

Hope this helps,

Gary

Gary G. Ayrassian, Director

Department of Planning & Development

City of Attleboro | City Hall - Government Center |

77 Park Street | Attleboro, MA  02703 |

p: 508.223.2222 x 3143 | f: 508.222.3046 |

 <mailto:cityplanner at cityofattleboro.us> cityplanner at cityofattleboro.us |

 <http://www.cityofattleboro.us/> www.cityofattleboro.us |