[Massplanners] EV Charging Station Development Requirements

Schreiber, Gideon gschreiber at watertown-ma.gov
Mon Nov 21 12:21:25 EST 2022

All,

Watertown has required up to three charging stations and spaces since 2015 but the times have changed since then.  At a minimum, each charging unit can cover two spaces so requirements with even numbers of spaces is good if you consider it.  Also, public access can be important since they are often offered to others outside of the development.

We are also suggesting some or all spaces to be set up for future demand with conduit and other items necessary to be charger ready.  Some commercial developers are looking at 20-30% of the parking spaces to be set up to allow for it in the future and I think residential they are looking at much more.

Regards,
Gideon
Gideon Schreiber,  AICP, Assistant Director of Planning
Community Development & Planning, Town of Watertown, 149 Main Street, Watertown, MA 02472
617.972.6417 x12164
When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State has determined that most email is public record and therefore cannot be kept confidential.