[Massplanners] [EXTERNAL]Re: EV Charging Station Development Requirements

Mariah Kurtz mariah.kurtz at erving-ma.gov
Mon Nov 21 11:53:45 EST 2022

Hi all,

I realize that my comment is slightly off-topic of zoning bylaws, but I would just like to add some advice that if your municipality is designing a new building or parking area, please consider at least running conduit for public chargers as well as fleet chargers. Erving is designing a new DPW facility and I am insisting that we run conduit through it so we can install fleet chargers in our garage bays in the future. When I was first hired in 2019 the highway department laughed at me when I told them they would have electric equipment within 10 years, but they're on board now and realizing how quickly the market is changing. We just bought our first EV police cruiser and we expect there will be more electric town vehicles on the way soon.

Mariah Kurtz (she/her)

Town Planner

Town of Erving

12 East Main Street

Erving, Massachusetts 01344

Phone: (413) 422-2800 ext. 1108 |  Online: www.Erving-Ma.gov<http://www.erving-ma.gov/>  | Facebook: Town of Erving<https://www.facebook.com/townoferving>

When writing or responding, please remember that the Secretary of State has determined that email is a public record, is subject to the Public Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66, § 10, and covered by Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521. This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you have received the communication in error, you are strictly prohibited from printing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using this communication.