[Massplanners] EV Charging Station Development Requirements

Dwight Merriam dwightmerriam at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 11:43:47 EST 2022

The world of EVs is rapidly evolving.

https://www.eei.org/-/media/Project/EEI/Documents/Issues-and-Policy/Electric-Transportation/EV-Forecast--Infrastructure-Report.pdf

That's Alex's point:     The challenge may be to provide (now in current
approvals) for the capacity to retrofit sites with more charging stations
in the future, such as having conduits in place and a plan for
more....similar to what we do with overflow parking areas, planned for and
set aside now, but not developed until the need arises.  No need to run the
wires and place the charging outlets now; just have the conduits in place
with messengers in them to pull wires later.  Maybe some of you are already
asking for that?

Requiring one small number now, say one charging station for every 25 cars,
will be woefully inadequate 10-20 years from now.

Regards,
Dwight Merriam, FAICP
www.dwightmerriam.com