[Massplanners] Special permit online applications

Michael Zehner michael.zehner at bgllc.net
Thu Nov 17 13:51:19 EST 2022

In my previous experience we were advised by Town Counsel that only the SPGA could determine that an application was incomplete/noncompliant, that we were obliged to accept it and process within the timeline. We could and did advise applicants of issues, and most were responsive, but in cases where they weren’t, we just noted deficiencies in our report to the SPGA and recommended deferral or denial, depending on the nature of the issues. Again, when we told most applicants that this is how it would be handled, they cured the issues.

Best,
Michael

Michael Zehner, AICP, ENV SP
Environmental Programs Director