[Massplanners] Properties in a Historic District

Brian Szekely brian.szekely at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 11:39:57 EST 2022

Winchester has 1 Neighborhood Conservation District, aka Architectural
Preservation District (even though we call them Heritage Districts here). A
map of the district is under the glass in the Building dept so everyone
knows at the time of the filing of a building permit. More importantly, the
map has been filed at the Registry of Deeds with a list of the properties.
They are indexed as such so any owner/realtor is aware they are buying
within a special district if any deed research is actually performed.

Best,
 Brian Szekely
Winchester Town Planner
bszekely at winchester.us
781-721-7162

On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 11:32 AM Heidi Ricci via MassPlanners <
massplanners at masscptc.org> wrote:

> We tried years ago to get a law passed requiring disclosure of the
> presence of wetlands and floodplains on properties when they are sold.  It
> never went anywhere.
>

> Seems to me realtors have an ethical if not legal obligation to disclose
> factual information about properties to buyers, like the presence of
> floodplain or in a historic district, but clearly that doesn’t always
> happen.  The buyer needs to have a good attorney who will identify that for
> them, and again the due diligence doesn’t always occur there either.
>

> Heidi
>

> *E. Heidi Ricci *(she/her(s))
> Director of Policy and Advocacy
>

> *Mass Audubon*
> 208 S. Great Road, Lincoln, MA  01773
> hricci at massaudubon.org | 781-259-2172 or 781-622-8911 (cell)
>
> massaudubon.org <http://www.massaudubon.org>

In our profession, a plan that everyone dislikes for different reasons is a
success. A plan everyone dislikes for the same reason is a failure. And a
plan that everyone likes for the same reason is an act of God.
-Richard Carson