[Massplanners] Properties in a Historic District

Heidi Ricci hricci at massaudubon.org
Thu Nov 10 11:30:54 EST 2022

We tried years ago to get a law passed requiring disclosure of the presence of wetlands and floodplains on properties when they are sold.  It never went anywhere.

Seems to me realtors have an ethical if not legal obligation to disclose factual information about properties to buyers, like the presence of floodplain or in a historic district, but clearly that doesn't always happen.  The buyer needs to have a good attorney who will identify that for them, and again the due diligence doesn't always occur there either.

Heidi

E. Heidi Ricci (she/her(s))
Director of Policy and Advocacy

Mass Audubon