[Massplanners] Publication Fees included in Fees for Applications?

Eric Smith esmith at townofathol.org
Tue Jun 7 09:24:22 EDT 2022

Hi Doug,

Here in Athol we say up front in our Rules and Regulations that the Applicant must cover the cost of the legal ad publication.  Once the newspaper has a proof of the legal ad and the cost estimate, we share that with the Applicant.  The Applicant then is responsible for making the payment.  If they don't make the payment by publication deadline, then they wouldn't have their hearing and it would have to be rescheduled for the next meeting.   So far in 5+ years we've had this policy, no one has missed their payment.

Hope this helps,
Eric

Eric R. Smith, AICP

Director of Planning and Development