[Massplanners] MBTA zoning question

Minco Nbpt nbpt at Mincocorp.com
Tue Feb 22 11:34:03 EST 2022

Also, don't forget Sec. 54A, which may apply to this site:

https://malegislature.gov/laws/generallaws/parti/titlevii/chapter40/section54a

https://www.mass.gov/service-details/statute-process-and-application-of-chapter-40-section-54a

If this applies to your applicant's site, the applicant should leave plenty of time (lots and lots of time) for this.

Karen Pollastrino
Minco Development Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: MassPlanners <massplanners-bounces at masscptc.org> On Behalf Of Carolyn Britt via MassPlanners
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2022 3:02 PM
To: massplanners at masscptc.org
Subject: [Massplanners] MBTA zoning question

All,

We are having a question relevant to the MBTA rezoning now. We have a proposal to put 13 units on a 3/4 acre lot abutting the MBTA ROW.  Since it is a relatively small lot, the developer is seeking a waiver of the back lot line set-back for 3 of the units to reduce the set-back from 20' to 10'. This is our active commuter rail line with one track that is probably 20' from the edge of the ROW and thereby about 30' from the proposed new units.

Do any of you have thoughts, suggestions, or data on a reasonable/safe distance to develop new housing from an active rail line?

Thank you! I hope you are all outside on this beautiful day.

Carolyn Britt, AICP

Chair, Ipswich Planning Board

(978) 356-9881