[Massplanners] Solar Bylaw - prohibition against large-scale cutting / clearing

Town Administration Administration at westhamptonma.org
Wed Feb 23 12:41:27 EST 2022

Good afternoon, planners!

Westhampton is looking to harden its solar energy bylaw to prohibit strip-cutting of large areas of land in order to facilitate large-scale solar.  While solar is STRONGLY encouraged on roofs, over parking lots, and etc, we don't want swaths of panels replacing our pines.

Has anyone implemented zoning bylaw that addresses this?  Have you had such successfully approved by the AG?

Respectfully,

- Doug.
Douglas Finn, Administrative Assistant
Town of Westhampton