[Massplanners] Agriculture

Christopher Ryan cryan at harvard-ma.gov
Mon Sep 13 09:49:24 EDT 2021

Hi all

I wish I could say that I'm solid with agricultural uses given my gig, but I can't...soooo...

Does anyone in the listserv have a good foundation for what uses farms are entitled to given the state MDAR and 40A definitions? How flexible are these definitions and is there any:

  1.  Clarifying caselaw
  2.  Legal or AG opinions
  3.  Prior posts here or elsewhere

We have a farm that is doing a little "mission creep" related to a tasting barn and now wants to have banquets, food service, and concerts.

Any thoughts you might have or good reference materials would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Christopher J. Ryan, AICP
Director of Community and Economic Development
Town of Harvard
13 Ayer Road
Harvard, MA  01451
Tel: 978.456.4100 x.323
Email: cryan at harvard-ma.gov<mailto:cryan at harvard-ma.gov>
Web: http://www.harvard-ma.gov<http://www.harvard-ma.gov/>

**Please note new email address and domain as of 9/1/21
email is now cryan at harvard-ma.gov<mailto:cryan at harvard-ma.gov>. Please change in your
contacts list.