[Massplanners] ANR's and sidewalks - Ideas Please

Harry LaCortiglia hlacortiglia at comcast.net
Sun Sep 12 07:33:42 EDT 2021

Hi Richard,

I'll take a nibble at this one... only because it looks so tasty.

So it's doubtful in my mind that you could accomplish this within an ANR
framework.

However, I am wondering if it could be accomplished through Zoning.
(Should this be a Friday Question?)

Could Zoning require a five foot front yard setback from the front lot
line in which no planted or built obstructions that would impede
pedestrian traffic be a perquisite to attaining a Cert. of Occupancy?

Or would that be considered a taking?

Hmmmm.

H. LaCortiglia
Georgetown Planning Board