[Massplanners] Job Posting - Community Planner

Gould, Heather hgould at bscgroup.com
Mon Sep 13 10:40:16 EDT 2021

BSC Group has an exciting opportunity available for a Community Planner!

https://www.bscgroup.com/careers/opportunities/community-planner-planning-group/

BSC uses design, engineering, science, and technology to Build, Support, and Connect with our co-workers and communities. We recognize different passions and perspectives and strive to inspire and empower each other to create meaningful change. As a trusted advisor and neighbor, our team is personally invested in every action we take.  We remain focused on diversity, sustainability, and social accountability in the services we provide to our clients. A successful team member must:

  *   Enjoy a challenge! Internal debates keep us learning and growing.
  *   Be passionate about seeking, sharing, and applying new knowledge and skills to improve individual, team, and company performance.
  *   Be committed to continuous upskilling and lifelong learning (seeking opportunities to work outside your comfort zone).
  *   Maintain a high standard for being ethical, respectful, and fair with your BSC team, clients, and communities.
  *   Have the courage and strength to show character. Bring your whole self to work!

Our Planners work closely with our Planning and Design Team and our Project Managers on a variety of planning projects. We are currently looking for a vibrant, self-motivated Planner to support complex planning projects, many involving interdisciplinary project teams. Potential projects may include downtown and community revitalization plans, urban renewal plans, corridor plans, comprehensive plans, zoning re-writes, feasibility studies, open space, and project permitting.  Ideally, this position will be based out of our Boston or Worcester offices. Whether you are working on several small projects or under the direction of a Senior Project Manager on a larger more complex project, you will have opportunities for direct contact with clients and are considered the backbone of our team. Your ability to interpret data, collaborate with various team members across all our offices, and lay out strategy for progressing projects forward allows our clients to provide reliable access for all modes of travel, develop resilient and sustainable public infrastructure, create inviting public spaces, and build facilities that transform our human and natural environments.

Besides the interpersonal skills listed above, we are looking for enthusiastic teammates with a broad technical background including:

  *   Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Urban and Regional Studies; Urban Planning; Geography; Public Administration or another applicable discipline from an accredited college.
  *   A combination of city planning, physical design, and public policy experience.
  *   At least 3 years of comprehensive planning and land development experience.
  *   Well-developed knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as land use, downtown revitalization, economic development, housing, zoning, permitting, or urban design.
  *   Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research, and data collection.
  *   Familiarity with urban planning graphics and mapping programs including GIS, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite (working knowledge of programs is not required).
  *   Experience researching methods and statistical principles related to urban growth and development.
  *   Applied knowledge of methods and techniques of effective technical report preparation and presentations.
  *   Ability to work well within a team atmosphere and capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
  *   Ability to prioritize tasks with multiple competing deadlines.
  *   Must possess a valid driver's license. Travel will be required.
  *   AICP Certification is preferred.

We understand each BSC team member is unique, as are definitions of work-life balance. Some of our team members work remotely and some enjoy an office environment. However, the majority of BSC's workforce embraces a hybrid model, which allows people to work from home, as well as any of our office locations when necessary. BSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to diverse representation on our teams, in our services, and all layers of leadership. We are focused on identifying and dismantling barriers that lead to a more diverse workforce including working diligently to expose underrepresented groups to engineering, science, and design through STEM programs, education and outreach, and industry involvement.  We continue to strive to maximize benefits to the communities we impact through diversity and inclusion in strategy and design.

How to Apply

Qualified candidates should send a resume with cover letter to:

Human Resources Department
BSC Group, Inc.
803 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02127
Email: info at bscgroup.com<mailto:info at bscgroup.com>
Fax: 617-896-4301

No telephone calls, no recruiters, please

BSC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.

Heather K. Gould, AICP
Director of Planning
BSC Group<http://www.bscgroup.com/>
33 Waldo Street | Worcester, MA | 01608