[Massplanners] Housing Production vs. School Enrollment

Richard McCarthy rmccarthy at norfolk.ma.us
Mon Jun 7 11:43:33 EDT 2021

Good morning Leeann,

I’m happy to report we just passed high density housing in town center that
meets Housing Choice requirements.  We had a similar issue here.  What we
did was reach out to the School Department and have the run enrollment for
a few developments.  We only have one mixed use building so it is limited.
Another option is to reach out to whomever runs school enrollments
projections for the school system.  I did have them look at a couple of
development scenarios to give us some projections.

I would suggest reaching out to Bill Reyelt as well.  As I understand it
your neighbor Lakeville and another town are the only ones that met the 40S
requirements for payments.  Good luck.

Richard J. McCarthy, Jr.

Town Planner

1 Liberty Lane

Norfolk, MA 02056

508-440-2807

Office Hours- Monday through Thursday 9am to 6pm

Closed Fridays

Please be advised that the Secretary of State has determined that e-mail
sent by or received by municipal employees is a public record.