[Massplanners] Energy use mitigation marijuana cultivators

Emily Hutchings ehutchings at beverlyma.gov
Fri Jul 30 12:57:08 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,

Are there any communities that require carbon offsets or other methods to
mitigate energy use for marijuana cultivators?  Roof-top solar or other
onsite renewables, RECs, etc.?  If so, are these requirements built into
Host Community Agreements, or separate parts of the approval process?

Based on the high electricity consumption rates for cultivation facilities
and the likely impact on emissions, we're wondering what options we have to
require mitigation efforts, and what other communities have done.

Thanks!

--

Emily Hutchings, AICP

*City of Beverly*