[Massplanners] Community Preservation Committee Kick Off Meeting

Jane Guy JGuy at Salem.com
Wed Jul 28 14:01:19 EDT 2021

Hi Kristen,
Below are the agenda items for Salem’s first 9 meetings, leading up to the preparation of our first Community Preservation Plan.  It wasn’t until our 10 meeting that we actually began the review of applications for funding.
Feel free to contact me with any questions!
-Jane

In June, 2013, Salem’s first meeting agenda was:

  *   Review of open meeting law, public records law, quorum requirements and other rules of conduct
  *   Review of CPA Ordinance and legislation and overview of Committee responsibilities
  *   Election of officers – Chair and Vice Chair

Our 2nd meeting agenda was:

  *   Community Preservation Act training for CPC members by Stuart Saginor of the Community Preservation Coalition
  *   Determine the CPC meeting frequency and set a schedule

Our 3rd meeting agenda was:

  *   FY14 Budget
  *   Discussion of Action Steps

Our 4th meeting agenda was:

  *   Approval of minutes
  *   Review of draft public informational materials
     *   Taxpayer Information Guide
     *   Application for exemptions
     *   Other public information document(s)
  *   Budget update and submittal timeline
  *   Discussion on methods of community education and solicitation of input
  *   Ongoing - Action Steps

Our 5th meeting agenda was:

  *   Approval of minutes
  *   Status Updates:  Taxpayer Information Guide
·        Budget Update/Submission to City Council

  *   Review of draft public informational materials
  *   Scheduling of public hearing and other methods to solicit public input
  *   Ongoing - Action Steps

Our 6th meeting agenda was:

  *   Public Hearing
     *   CPA in Salem - Overview (PowerPoint Presentation)
     *   Questions/Answers
     *   Public input on Salem’s needs with regard to open space, historic preservation, outdoor recreation and community housing and criteria for selection of projects
     *   Next Steps
  *   Approval of minutes

Our 7th meeting agenda was:

  *   Approval of minutes
  *   Review of draft evaluation criteria
  *   Review of draft Step 1 eligibility application

Our 8th meeting agenda was:

  *   Approval of minutes
  *   Review of Draft Community Preservation Plan
     *   Determine public comment period
  *   Review of Funding Application, Application Instructions (tentative)
  *   Review of Determination of Eligibility Applications Received
  *   Year to date budget report

Our 9th meeting agenda was:

  *   Approval of minutes
  *   Review public comment and finalize Community Preservation Plan
  *   Review of Draft Funding Application/Instructions
  *   Review of Determination of Eligibility Applications Received
  *   Other Business
     *   Year to date budget report

Jane A. Guy
Assistant Community Development Director
City of Salem
Department of Planning & Community Development
98 Washington St., 2nd Floor
Salem, MA  01970
978-619-5685
We no longer have a fax number.