[Massplanners] Zoning Bylaw Recodification Warrant Article

Thomas Bott tbott.townplanner at verizon.net
Tue Dec 14 23:58:33 EST 2021

Dear Jacki:The Bobs as we refer to them did an epic job on the Falmouth Bylaw that started under my predecessor.  They are now onto Round 2 under my future successor. I showed my creds as a failed Classics major adding a spurious "V" in the Warrant language (a not long story that created a few chuckles from Town Meeting members which we used to encourage folks to vote the new bylaw that eliminated the use of  Roman numerals). With any changes at the multiple hearings we updated the web and hard copy versions including a copy we kept at main branch of the Falmouth Public Library.

ARTICLE 6: To see if the Town will vote to amend the Zoning Bylaw Chapter 240 Article I through Article XVIX by adopting the Recodification of the existing Zoning Bylaws as shown in a 155± page document entitled “Zoning Bylaw Town Code Chapter 240 Articles 1 – 14 October 2021” on file in the Town Clerk’s Office, the Planning Office and the Town of Falmouth Website https://www.falmouthma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/10448/Recodification-Zoning-Bylaw-Town-Code Chapter-240-Articles-1-thru-14-October-2021 The recodification of the Zoning Bylaw is a reorganization and renumbering of the current 95 year old bylaw, with some deletions in order to address: • Structure and organization • Clarity • Conflicts and inconsistencies • Obsolete and/or missing terms and language • Conformance with State statutes and current case law • Administrative issues,  Or do or take any other action on this matter. On behalf of the Planning Board.

It's in the AG's hands now following a unanimous vote around 11PM at Town Meeting. Don't forget to send the hearing notices to surrounding Towns, your RPA and to our pal Elaine (pronounced Vine-ya) at DHCD.TBott
Thomas Bott Town Planner Falmouth MASS
You too could follow me on Twitter @TBottPlimoth but it clearly isn’t necessary