[Massplanners] Structured Parking

Thomas Bott tbott.townplanner at verizon.net
Wed Mar 6 11:23:57 EST 2024

Dear Dr. Ryan:I remember attending one of the formerly branded MAPD (BTW I hear good things for practitioners about MAPP ) lunch in Andover where Tall Paul Materazzo presented a project with structured parking on a scale likely comparable to Belmont. Successful public parking facilities that are financed through revenue bonds have always been about threading a needle. While it was a long time ago in a parking garage far far away in Marietta GA; Cobb County was one of the many stories where the project revenues fell short. In Cobb County's case (ably represented in Congress by Newt Gingrich and Bob Barr) they required govment employees to pay to park in the garage for the 98ish % who drove to work in the burbs.  It's not quite squeezing a camel through the eye of a needle but be very conservative with your assumptions. TBott
Thomas Bott Carver Town Planner
Practicing Planning in the Commonwealth since the last Millennium  #TownPlannerSilverJubilee