[Massplanners] Open Space Zoning

Daniel Fortier daniel.j.fortier at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 15:28:19 EDT 2024

A part of the  West Dennis Village Center:

9.4 Marine Open Space District (MOS)
9.4.1 Purpose The MOS shall be low density area designated for low
intensity water oriented
uses.
9.4.2 Allowed Uses:
• Marinas
• Boat Moorage and Seasonal Storage
• Piers and Walkways
• Boat and Marine Rentals
• Outdoor Recreational Facilities
• Municipal Uses
• Family Day Care Facility
• Agricultural Use Over 5 Acres
• Non-Profit Educational Use
• Child Care Facility
• Religious Use
• Community Residential Home
• Tour boat
• Water Taxi
9.4.3 Permitted Uses:
Land side support for the facilities listed in Section 9.4.2 may include
requisite operations
buildings by Special Permit of the Planning Board.
9.4.4 Development Standards
A. Lot Dimensions:
1. Minimum lot size: 40,000 square feet
2. Minimum street frontage: 150 feet
3. Minimum lot width: 150 feet
B. Yard Requirements:
1. Setbacks
a. Front yard: Minimum 20 feet or that present on September 24, 2007 if
less than 20 feet.
Maximum 25 feet
b. Rear yard: 50 feet from the top of the Coastal Bank
c. Side yard: 25 feet
2. Height: The height of buildings shall not exceed one story or 25 feet
3. Building Lot Coverage: 5%
4. Floor area ratio: 5%
5. Maximum lot coverage (Building, outdoor display and parking area): 30%
of the lot upland
area

Daniel Fortier, AICP Retired Planner