[Massplanners] Multiple Detached Dwellings bylaw

Carolyn Misch cmisch at northamptonma.gov
Thu Jun 6 15:37:24 EDT 2024

Rachel,
The City of Northampton adopted a zoning amendment in 2013 that allows
multiple principle residential structures on a parcel with Planning Board
site plan review.   We have the same frontage and width requirement no
matter how many units are built and no matter whether they are attached or
detached.  The total number of units allowed is governed by the minimum
open space maintained on a parcel along with meeting parking, setbacks and
design.

Carolyn Misch, AICP
*Director*
*City of Northampton Office of Planning & Sustainability*
*210 Main St*
*Northampton, MA  01060*
 *413-587-1287*
cmisch at northamptonma.gov