[Massplanners] Walkability Infrastructure Funding Resource

Tyler Barron tbarron at walkmass.org
Mon Jul 29 10:19:48 EDT 2024

Dear MassPlanners,

As part of our ongoing efforts to make walking safer and easier across
Massachusetts, WalkMassachusetts <https://walkmass.org/> (WM) is excited to
announce the recent update to our Funding Strategies, Resources, and
Opportunities
<https://walkmass.org/funding-strategies-resources-opportunities/> guide.
This comprehensive document outlines a variety of funding opportunities for
pedestrian infrastructure improvement projects in Massachusetts, including
local, state, regional, and private funding options.

Our guide is designed to assist with a range of projects and needs, such as:

   -

   Construction and maintenance of pedestrian infrastructure
   -

   Installation of new signage
   -

   Trail maintenance and creation
   -

   Technical assistance for walkability infrastructure and project planning
   -

   Community development, sustainability, and equity initiatives

Whether you are currently working on a project or are looking to get one
off the ground, we are eager to connect and support your efforts.

At WalkMassachusetts, we firmly believe that investing in pedestrian
infrastructure is key to creating safe, healthy, and vibrant communities.
Well-designed sidewalks, crosswalks, and trails not only encourage walking
but also reduce traffic congestion, improve public health, and enhance
overall quality of life. Walkable communities are more environmentally
sustainable and economically resilient.

A valuable service we provide to facilitate pedestrian infrastructure
improvement is known as a *walk audit*
<https://walkmass.org/walk-audit-academy/>. These in-person walkability
assessments serve as community engagement tools, fostering local
connections and building a strong case for necessary changes in the built
environment. If you’d like to learn more about walk audits or determine if
one would benefit your community, please feel free to contact us
<https://walkmass.org/contact-us/>.

For additional information on how WalkMassachusetts and others are
contributing to safer, more connected, and valued streets and sidewalks,
consider getting involved with the WalkMassachusetts Network
<https://walkmass.org/walkmanetwork/>.

Thank you for your commitment to improving walkability in Massachusetts! We
look forward to collaborating with you.

Best regards,

Tyler Barron