[Massplanners] Mandatory Mixed Use - 3A Zoning Question

Richard McCarthy rmccarthy at norfolk.ma.us
Tue Jul 16 14:00:42 EDT 2024

Chris,

It’s a challenging question to answer.  I’m sure you know there are so many
variables in doing mixed use.   We struggle with the same questions here. I
remember 3 years ago when we working on increasing building height from 2 ½
stories to  3 stories people were very concerned.  We have a great mixed
use building in town center that is 2 ½ stories that is fully occupied. We
explained how that project at 2 ½ stories was pretty unique  in that that a
local bank owned the property received site plan approval couldn’t afford
to build a standalone bank. The bank partnered bank with a local developer
to build a mixed use building which they are a tenant with other tenants.

We are tackling this topic again if I have anything I will share.

Please share what you have.

Thanks.

Richard J. McCarthy, Jr.

Town Planner

1 Liberty Lane

Norfolk, MA 02056

508-440-2807

Office Hours- Monday through Thursday 9am to 6pm

Closed Fridays

*As a reminder, please do not reply all to this email. If you have any
questions or comments, email me directly. *

*Please be advised that the Secretary of State has determined that e-mail
sent by or received by municipal employees is a public record.*