[Massplanners] Newbury Assistant Planner - job posting

Kristen Grubbs assist.planner at townofnewbury.org
Tue Jul 16 08:38:47 EDT 2024

Town of Newbury - Assistant Planner

The Town of Newbury is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Planner. This is a full-time (35 hrs/wk), benefits eligible position, with some evening meetings required.

Under the direction of the Planning Director, the position is responsible for a wide array of regulatory planning and development functions. The position works closely with the Planning Board and other land use boards and committees as well as other town staff.

Newbury is a small coastal town in the North Shore, with land area that includes Plum Island and the Parker River watershed. The Town completed its 2023-2035 Master Plan Update last November; passed MBTA Multi-Family Zoning this past spring (early!); and are finalizing our Housing Production Plan Update and our Hazard Mitigation Plan Update this summer. Newbury has great initiatives underway for climate resiliency, open space, housing, active transportation, trails, and other planning projects; as well as a terrific Planning Board and colleagues.

A complete job description can be found at: https://www.townofnewbury.org/job-volunteer-opportunities

To apply, send cover letter and resume to:

Kristen Grubbs, Planning Director

planningboard at townofnewbury.org<mailto:planningboard at townofnewbury.org>

Position will remain open until filled.

Kristen C. Grubbs (she/her)