[Massplanners] New Bedford - Hiring - Staff Planner

Jennifer Carloni Jennifer.Carloni at newbedford-ma.gov
Mon Jul 1 13:38:38 EDT 2024

Hello MAPlanners,

The New Bedford Department of City Planning is hiring! We are seeking to fill a Staff Planner position.

This Staff Planner is a full-time position with benefits. The starting salary is $64,133. This position provides technical and administrative assistance for short-range and long-range land use planning initiatives. Assists permitting boards & commissions in the implementation of site review, subdivision regulations, historic district regulation, and zoning requirements for the city.

All are encouraged to apply. Preference is for a candidate with experience in community engagement and outreach related to neighborhood level plan development and implementation; and a comprehensive knowledge of modern principles and practices of land use planning and zoning such as design review, form-based code, and transit-oriented development. Candidates that speak languages in addition to English, particularly Spanish, Portuguese, or Cape Verdean Creole are preferred.

This position is part of a dynamic team of seven employees. Our office supports multiple boards/commissions and is working on some exciting planning initiatives.

The job posting is available (Online Here)<https://newbedford-ma.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/45/20240625155832/Staff-Planner-3.pdf>.

To apply please visit our Personnel Dept. website here: https://www.newbedford-ma.gov/personnel/employment-opportunities/

Thanks,
Jen Carloni

[cid:image001.png at 01DACBBB.F9CEE660]

Jennifer Carloni
Director of City Planning
City of New Bedford | Department of City Planning
133 William Street, Room 303 New Bedford, MA 02740
508.979.1488 | email: Jennifer.Carloni at newbedford-ma.gov<mailto:Jennifer.Carloni at newbedford-ma.gov>