[Massplanners] Planning Board Policy for Submission of Meeting Materials

Richard McCarthy rmccarthy at norfolk.ma.us
Thu Jan 25 08:57:41 EST 2024

To all,

We have a target of the Thursday before the Tuesday meeting.  I use some
judgement and speak to the Chair ahead of the meeting to gets his
thoughts.  I’m always speaking with applicants trying to figure out if
their ready or not.  It’s important to the Board, as well as, the public.
Often times something might be submitted within the Board submittal window
but I inform applicants don’t expect much feedback when it’s not in by
Thursday before the meeting.  It’s really hard to keep to one hard and fast
rule .

What’s really be the most effective is have check-ins with the Chair on the
status of information between meetings and then ahead of the meeting
discuss where things are.  I also send out an agenda summary explaining
where things are for each project.  For the most part their never surprised
on meeting night where things are.

Best,

Richard J. McCarthy, Jr.

Town Planner

1 Liberty Lane

Norfolk, MA 02056

508-440-2807

Office Hours- Monday through Thursday 9am to 6pm

Closed Fridays

*As a reminder, please do not reply all to this email. If you have any
questions or comments, email me directly. *

*Please be advised that the Secretary of State has determined that e-mail
sent by or received by municipal employees is a public record.*