[Massplanners] Planning Board Policy for Submission of Meeting Materials

Daniel Fortier daniel.j.fortier at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 07:19:52 EST 2024

The big question is who is providing the information. The applicant, one
week is appropriate. The public can present their comments at the hearing,
that is what it is for. A caveat, the Boards often wanted to hear the
applicants response to the staff report. This might result in presentation
of modified plans during the hearing,  with the recognition that the Board
may choose to continue the hearing to allow closer review of the changes.

Remember, it is a hearing, an opportunity to get comments and exchange
thoughts. Shutting the door on back and forth really minimizes the public
process.

Dan Fortier, AICP
Retired Planner