[Massplanners] Hearing(s) for zoning bylaw changes

Richard Harris rhplanner01075 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 11:53:01 EST 2024

Good Morning Mr. Cole,

No. Once the Planning Board receives the referral from the Selectboard,
they are obligated to set and hold a public hearing.  In Towns with a
Planning Board, this is a Planning Board scheduled, advertised, and
conducted public hearing - it may be different in cities.

The Selectboard sets the Town Meeting date. Town Meeting cannot vote on the
amendments unless the Planning Board has held the public hearing and made a
recommendation to Town Meeting or the 65 days has lapsed from the referral
by the Selectboard.

Thank you

Richard Harris, AICP
PDR, LLC