[Massplanners] Planner Admin and ConCom Admin Position

Harry LaCortiglia hlacortiglia at comcast.net
Thu Feb 22 06:20:23 EST 2024

Hi Planning Community,

I want to let everyone know that there is an opening in Georgetown for a
combined Assistant Position.

This is full time 4 days a week... (Town Hall is closed on Fridays.) to
assist the Planning Board and the Conservation Commission.

Please see the details below? And let anyone who may be interested know,
as well?

Best,
H. LaCortiglia
Georgetown P.B.

*Town of Georgetown, Massachusetts*

  Job Posting

*Join Our Team as an Administrative Assistant!*

*Position:* Administrative Assistant
*Department:* Planning Board & Conservation Commission
*Pay Grade:* Level 3 – Clerical (Starts at $25.47/hour)
*FLSA Status:* Non-Exempt, Full-Time
*Reports to:* Town Planner; Conservation Commission Director

*Overview:*
Are you passionate about supporting environmental conservation efforts
and facilitating community planning initiatives? We are seeking a
dynamic Administrative Assistant to join our team in Georgetown and play
a pivotal role in supporting the Planning Board and Conservation
Commission. Under the guidance of the Town Planner and Conservation
Commission Director, you'll be at the heart of administrative
operations, contributing to the success of our mission-driven work.

*Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:*

 1.

    *Meeting and Records Management:* Assist in the preparation and
    documentation of all Planning Board and Conservation Commission
    meetings, ensuring accurate recording, transcribing, distribution,
    and filing of minutes.

 2.

    *Information and Public Notice Coordination:* Coordinate the
    preparation and distribution of meeting packets, manage session
    notices, and ensure compliance with legal requirements for public
    meetings and hearings.

 3.

    *Financial and Website Management:* Handle fee collection, maintain
    budget records, and keep the department's website updated with
    relevant agendas, minutes, and conservation information.

 4.

    *Administrative Support:* Provide clerical support including typing,
    filing, processing mail, copying, and notarizing documents to ensure
    office efficiency.

 5.

    *Regulatory Compliance and Support:* Review permit filings for
    compliance, assist in administering wetland protection laws, and
    maintain updated conservation information.

 6.

    *Database and Records Maintenance:* Develop and maintain efficient
    databases and filing systems for easy information retrieval and
    public access.

 7.

    *Financial Oversight and Reporting:* Track financial transactions,
    prepare accurate reports for the Conservation Commission, and ensure
    compliance with governing laws.

 8.

    *Community and Interagency Liaison:* Build relationships with town
    boards, agencies, organizations, and the community to promote
    conservation missions and outreach efforts.

 9.

    *Equipment and Supply Management:* Manage office equipment and
    supplies, ensuring the office is well-equipped for conservation
    management.

10.

    *Project and Legal Document Coordination:* Assist with site visits,
    meetings, and document coordination, maintaining positive
    relationships with suppliers and consultants.

*Minimum Qualifications:*

  *

    Certificate in Business or Secretarial Science with at least two
    years of clerical/secretarial experience,

or

  *

    Associate degree with at least one year of related administrative
    office experience preferred.

  *

    Notary Public or ability to obtain within one (1) year of employment.

  *

    Municipal experience is highly encouraged but not required

  *

    A combination of the above qualifications may be considered

*Pay and Benefits:*

This is a full-time position, during business hours, Monday - Friday,
with a starting compensation of *$25.47/hour*, with pay increases.
Benefits include progressive vacation time, generous time off including
13 paid holidays, sick time, medical, dental, vision, and life
insurance, and more…

*Apply:*

Join our team and be a part of making a difference in our community's
planning and conservation efforts! Apply now to embark on a rewarding
career journey with us.

_*Send your resume and cover letter to:*_

Paul Winspeare, MBA, SPHR

Interim Director of Human Resources

_pwinspeare at georgetownma.gov_

/and /

Harry LaCortiglia

Georgetown Planning Board

_HLaCortiglia at georgetownma.gov_

/*Georgetown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*/