[Massplanners] Non-smoking residential buildings

Brian Szekely brian.szekely at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 14:53:40 EDT 2024

Hello MassPlanners,
     We in Danvers are curious to see if any Planning or Zoning Boards have
required housing developments to be non-smoking facilities. We are aware
that landlords are allowed to impose this restriction on their tenants but
do not understand if municipal boards that approve or deny a special permit
are able to impose such restrictions. Has anyone come across this before?

Best,
 Brian Szekely
 Danvers Planning Director
 bszekely at danversma.gov
 978-777-0001 x3019

--
In our profession, a plan that everyone dislikes for different reasons is a
success. A plan everyone dislikes for the same reason is a failure. And a