[Massplanners] Event tomorrow 4/25: Paved Paradise w/Henry Grabar

Carol Kowalski ckowalski at lexingtonma.gov
Wed Apr 24 15:25:12 EDT 2024

On behalf of Lexington Transportation Manager Susan Barrett, I'm sharing the details of this event tomorrow in Lexington of Planner interest:
Time, place, details:
https://www.lexingtonma.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=2922

Author Talk: Paved Paradise: How Parking Explains the World
Thursday, April 25, 2024
________________________________
Join author Henry Grabar for a talk about how the search for parking has shaped our world, from architecture and affordable housing to traffic patterns and the environment. The evening will also include a panel discussion featuring:
*       Adi Nochur, Senior Transportation Planner, Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC)
*       Antron Watson, Age-Friendly Director at AARP Massachusetts
*       Kristen Guichard, Planning Director/Zoning Enforcement Officer, Town of Acton
*       JP Caccaglia, Economic Development Manager, Town of Needham
*       Zeke Mermell, Senior Transportation Planner, Watertown
 Attendees are encouraged to participate in the Q&A and are welcome to stay for a book signing by the author. Books will be available for purchase on-site through Lexington's local book seller, Maxima Book Center.
Named as one of the best books of the year by the New Yorker, Paved Paradise is an entertaining, enlightening, and utterly original investigation into one of the most quietly influential forces in modern American life-the humble parking spot. "A romp, packed with tales of anger, violence, theft, lust, greed, political chicanery and transportation policy gone wrong... highly entertaining." -The Los Angeles Times
Special thanks to Lexington's League of Women Voters (https://my.lwv.org/massachusetts/lexington/event/how-parking-explains-world<https://my.lwv.org/massachusetts/lexington/event/how-parking-explains-world>, the lead sponsor  and local transportation activist and League member Pam Lyons for their support in making this event possible.

Susan Barrett
Transportation Manager
Town of Lexington
39 Marrett Road