[Massplanners] Dynamic Master Plan

Corrin Meise-Munns cmeisemunns at longmeadow.org
Fri Sep 22 12:20:37 EDT 2023

Hello Katrina,

I am also interested in following this thread as we are in the process of
updating our 2004 Long Range Plan, and I am starting to think about what an
Implementation Committee might look like and what their charge might be.

A couple of questions about what your Master Plan Chair has in mind: is he
looking for subject matter updates, to keep the plan current to planning
best practices and how public sentiment may have changed over every few
years? Or is he more interested in updating the plan to track which of the
original recommendations have been completed, which are in progress, which
have been abandoned...etc?

It seems that the latter interest could be more easily accomplished by
keeping a living spreadsheet or other such tracker on the Town website.
That could keep residents informed about progress. The former seems pretty
time and resource intensive to me, and you would run the risk of engagement
burnout as well.

Message: 4