[Massplanners] Question on accepting donations

Jonathan Berk jonathan at buildingbos.com
Fri Sep 22 09:56:31 EDT 2023

Hey Michael,

I used to manage the Commonwealth Places program sponsored by
MassDevelopment and we worked with a number of municipalities to be able to
actively accept and solicit online crowdfunding contributions to be matched
by MassDevelopment grant dollars. I know a number of local solicitors did
dig into this prior to launching campaigns in their communities and there
is a fairly detailed state ethics opinion
<https://www.mass.gov/info-details/summary-of-state-ethics-commission-formal-opinion-ec-coi-12-1>
on this as well.

Hope that's helpful!

-Jonathan